Pay the easy way with a debit card.
The Washington Federal debit card works like a check, but it's faster, easier and more convenient. Just sign for your purchase or use your PIN. The amount is automatically deducted from your checking account. And your transactions are detailed on your monthly statement, just like your checks.
We're replacing debit cards compromised by Target's security breach.
To help protect our clients from fraud, we are reissuing debit cards to all clients impacted by Target’s recent security breach. Clients that used their Washington Federal debit card at a Target store between November 27 and December 15 will receive a new card in the mail. All current debit cards will work until the new card is activated. Washington Federal has aggressive fraud monitoring in place, but please continue to watch your account for suspicious activity and report it to us immediately. Our Client Care Center can be reached at 800-324-9375 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a lost or stolen debit card right away.
To report lost or stolen debit cards, please call your local branch during normal business hours. After hours, dial 1-800-523-4175.
Traveling internationally? Please let us know.
If you're planning on using your debit card to make purchases or ATM withdrawals outside of the United States, please call your branch in advance so we may temporarily adjust the security settings on your debit card. Normally, we block all international transactions to safeguard your account against fraud.
Tips for keeping your account secure:
- Carefully safeguard your debit card and immediately report to the bank any loss or theft of the card to protect yourself and the bank from unauthorized use.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) strictly confidential. DO NOT keep your PIN with your debit card. Never give your PIN or debit card to anyone else.
- Take your ATM withdrawal or purchase receipts with you, and keep them until you get your monthly account statement. Review your statement each month to verify that no unauthorized activity has occurred.
- Be aware of your personal safety and the confidentiality of your transactions when selecting and using ATMs and night deposit facilities.
- When you complete your transaction at the ATM, remove all bills disbursed, along with your debit card and all receipts and other papers.
Get quick access to cash at MoneyPass ATMs.
The Washington Federal debit card gives you fee-free access to cash from your checking account at over 20,000 MoneyPass ATMs throughout the U.S. Our debit cards can also be used at over 340,000Star and Plus network ATMs worldwide, though third-party usage and foreign exchange fees may apply. Please note the Plus network can be used when traveling outside the U.S.email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org