Construction & Remodeling
Your dream home awaits.
Whether you're building from the ground up or planning a major remodel, it's easy to transform the home of your dreams into reality with Washington Federal.
Build it with us.
- Your entire project is underwritten at one time, wrapping construction and permanent financing together.
- No second loan, no dual fees, no wasted time or effort.
- Lock in your interest rate during processing for up to 90 days, so if rates go up, you’re protected.
- Enjoy a single, fixed-rate mortgage with no change in interest rate after construction is complete.
- Make interest-only payments during construction.
- Borrow up to 80% loan-to-value based on construction and land costs.
- We do our own draws and inspections, saving you time and money.
- We’ll consider owner/builder borrowers. (Not available in Texas.)
- Looking to build on acreage? We can handle it.
Remodeling is hard enough. We can help you pay for it.
Many people use a home equity loan to pay for remodeling. But big remodeling projects can sometimes out-strip your available equity, particularly if your home needs major work. Our All-in-One Construction Remodeling Loan is the answer. We base the loan on the estimated value of your home after improvements. It works like our Custom Construction Loan, but for an existing structure.
Use our handy checklist.
Building a home is a bit more complex than buying a home. This is also true for the loan process when building a home, but we're here to help you at each step along the way. To get a feel for what's required for custom construction financing, review our construction loan application checklist.