Senior Credit Officer #12-433
Date Posted: 10/04/2012
This is a full-time position
in the Credit Administration department.
Location of job: Seattle-Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. This position is primarily responsible for reviewing and approving commercial loans within a defined geographic area, utilizing approval authorities granted by the Chief Credit Officer. The incumbent will provide support, direction and guidance to lending officers and their support personnel to assure accurate and complete loan approval submissions. Incumbent will participate in Senior Loan Committee as a voting member and will monitor portfolio performance for the lending groups to which he or she is assigned. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Review for approval all business banking, commercial real estate, builder banking, development, multi-family and other loan types as may be introduced to the Washington Federal product line.
- Participate in Senior Loan Committee as a voting member.
- Provide guidance to management, lenders, special assets personnel and loan support staff as needed to assure quality loan submissions with proper analysis and thorough underwriting.
- Participate in quarterly portfolio reviews and confirm individual loans are properly risk rated.
- Complete reports as may be required by the Chief Credit Officer and/or Executive Management.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a Credit Officer role or as a senior lender with demonstrated skills in analysis and approval of C&I, CRE, Builder Banking and other commercial related loans. Other requirements include college graduate and demonstrated experience in Credit Administration with good organization and analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and an ability to work independently and with little supervision and as a team. Must also demonstrate solid credit knowledge, financial analysis skills and knowledge of commercial loan structures and workout strategies.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.