Consumer Loan Servicing Assistant #13-098
Date Posted: 02/20/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Consumer Loan Servicing department.
Location of job: Seattle-Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today’s opportunity. The Consumer Loan Servicing Department has an opening for a Consumer Loan Servicing Assistant in the Seattle, WA Office. This position’s primary responsibility is to satisfy the needs of the clients, while ensuring consistent application of internal controls on residential and consumer loans. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers; while mitigating bank risk.
- Provide appropriate responses and resolutions to incoming requests in a timely manner.
- Accurate and consistent performance of daily insurance functions; including but not limited to, daily insurance mail sort and distribution, ongoing system maintenance of incoming mail, monitor upcoming expired hazard insurance, and other insurance functions as requested.
- Assist department with other daily functions.
- Follow the bank’s Information Security Policy, ensuring that the processing and handling of all customer information and confidential bank information is done in a secure manner and environment.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Previous insurance experience is preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with internal and external customers. Ability to handle incoming calls and respond in a timely professional manner. Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to research discrepancies through phone calls or email. Ability to organize, prioritize and communicate status on work assignments in a consistent manner. Insurance review experience preferred. Proficient 10-key and/or financial calculator skills. Excellent computer skills, including Windows applications. Ability to function well under pressure. Ability to perform daily work according to prescribed schedules and be flexible to meet departmental needs. Regular, consistent attendance at the employer’s facility.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.