Deposit Operations Supervisor - Consumer #13-583
Date Posted: 10/28/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Deposit Operations department.
Location of job: Seattle - Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The Deposit Operations Department has an opening for a Deposit Operations Supervisor, Consumer. This position is responsible for providing support to the Consumer Deposit Operations team, Division Deposit Operations, and Branch personnel. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Coach and mentor team.
- Oversee daily operations of the team.
- Analyze and interpret policies and procedures.
- Oversee completion of consumer legal document process.
- Prepare and present training material at quarterly meetings.
- Assist with revising or creating department/bank procedures.
- Closely adhere to the Bank’s Information Security policies and procedures.
- Perform tasks, answer questions, fulfill requests, and resolve problems for internal and external clients.
- Assist with special projects related to functions within the Corporate Deposit Operations Department, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform various deposit operations functions and tasks that affect the Bank’s compliance with existing, revised, and new federal and/or state compliance regulations.
This position requires a 40-hour workweek, and may include occasional weekends or evenings.
Position requires a High School diploma or equivalent, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and effective analytical and organizational skills. Candidate should be able to accept instruction, prioritize, follow-through on work assignments with minimal supervision, and be able to work in a team environment. Candidate should have experience coaching and mentoring employees, and prior Supervisory experience is preferred. Must have working knowledge of or the ability to learn applicable state and federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures related to this position. Computer proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required. A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Consumer banking or bank operations is preferred.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background/credit check, and drug test to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.