Delinquency Counselor #13-050
Date Posted: 01/30/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Mortgage and Consumer Collections department.
Location of job: Seattle-Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. This position is responsible for the management of delinquent loans and maintenance of a minimum number of delinquencies by counseling borrowers to resolve delinquent payment problems and maintaining accurate supporting documentation. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, monitor and collect payments on consumer loans, documenting collection activity on the loan systems
- Mitigate loan losses to WAFD and FMSF on consumer loans through forbearance, recasts, repossessions and/or lawsuits to recover monetary damages
- Monitor property and/or collateral condition through inspections as needed
- Assist the Mortgage Consumer Loan Servicing department
- Follow the Banks Information Security policies, ensuring that the processing and handling of all customer information and confidential bank information is done in a secure manner and environment
- Provide assistance to customers and bank staff as needed
- Contact with investors, mortgage insurance companies, attorneys, realtors, dealers, and other financial institutions
- Regular and consistent attendance at the employer’s facility
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires: one or more years experience in consumer loan collections. Candidate must have basic knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to loan servicing; working knowledge of secondary market requirements relative to delinquent loans; working knowledge of state and federal regulations and laws pertaining to consumer loan collections, consumer loan collections, and bankruptcies. Candidate must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing concisely and effectively and have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail involving numbers. Candidate’s computer experience should include electronic investor delinquency reporting, word processing, and on-line collection systems. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and follow through on work assignments with minimal supervision, and the ability to assume responsibility for special assignments. Residential collections, foreclosures and bankruptcies experience a plus.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.