Appraisal Reviewer #13-204
Date Posted: 04/29/2013
This is a full-time position
in the Commercial Appraisal Review department.
Location of job: Seattle-Downtown - Seattle, WA
We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today opportunity. The Commercial Appraisal Review Department in the Seattle Corporate Office has a current opening for an Appraisal Reviewer. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Continually develop knowledge of market trends and property values in the division's lending area.
• Order appraisals from approved fee appraisers.
• Assist in monitoring service from appraisers, utilizing the department's appraisal log and other items intended for that purpose. Assist in establishing, maintaining, and improving working relationships with fee appraisers.
• Review appraisals based on USPAP, Washington Federal appraisal policy and current federal laws regarding appraisals.
• Interact with Washington Federal's lending customers, real estate agents, mortgage companies, title companies and various governmental agencies.
• Identify situations that should be brought to Appraisal Manager's attention. That includes cases of involvement by lending management and staff, borrowers, agents and other interested parties in any part of the appraisal process including appraiser selection, the appraisal process (except to provide requested information about the property being appraised) and communication with appraisers following delivery of the appraisal. Such involvement is prohibited by federal appraisal laws and regulations.
• Completes special projects as assigned by manager.
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
Position requires a minimum 1-3 years appraisal review and/or mortgage property underwriting experience required. High school diploma or approved equivalent, typing skills (45-50 wpm); 10-key; filing; organized. Must have good typing and clerical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail. Must also have a good math aptitude, and good verbal and written communication skills including good customer relations skills. Must be willing to attend basic appraisal courses and seminars. Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office applications (primarily WORD and EXCEL) Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or 425 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101 Attn: Human Resources. Washington Federal promotes a healthy working environment for all of our employees. To that end, Washington Federal makes it a policy to not offer employment to individuals who smoke or use tobacco products. You must also successfully pass a background check (criminal, credit, and drug testing) to be considered for employment at Washington Federal.
Washington Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.